CUSTOMER SERVICE IS WHAT SETS US APART
The House of Lights and Home Accents has been providing quality, stylish and affordable lighting, fans and home décor for close to 50 years. The main reason for our ongoing success is in how we service our customers before, during and even after the sale is complete. We want you to be extremely satisfied with all your purchases and we firmly stand behind everything we sell. The following Terms and Conditions of Sale are detailed here for both your and our protection so please keep them in mind when making your purchases. And as always, thank you for your business and please let us know if there’s anything we can do to improve your buying experience. Thanks again for all your business!
30-Day Return Policy
We want you to be extremely happy with everything you purchase from us. If you’re not 100% completely satisfied with your purchase and wish to return an undamaged, uninstalled, non-defective item we would gladly accept that product back. Please note however that items being returned to us will be sent back to the original manufacturer and they will only accept ‘As-New’ items (see definition below) for return. Because of this all of our return policies must be in-line with our manufacturing partner’s policies.
Returned products, and all associated parts, must be returned in ‘As-New’ (see definition below), saleable condition with all the original parts & packaging materials intact. Returns must be made within 30 days of the receipt of the merchandise, unless otherwise noted, and must be accompanied with a copy of the original invoice.
As-New is defined as:
An item that has not been installed, modified or the electrical wires cut
In the original, unmarked packaging / box with packing & protective materials intact
Includes all parts, product assembly & installation guides and all applicable warranty info
To put it another way, As-New = if you were to receive it, would you accept the item as new
Products that are not eligible for return include:
Installed or otherwise altered products
Products that were purchased/received more than 30 days after receipt
Products that have scratches, dents or other defects caused by a customer’s unpacking, attempted installation or other evaluation process. All product issues/defects must be clearly identified at the time of the return or your product return may be denied
Products that have been identified as Clearance, Closeout, Final Sale or Special Buys
Furniture items purchased from THEHouseOfLights.com are not returnable under any circumstances. There are too many opportunities for damage in this process which is why we have to refuse all furniture returns. Furniture items purchased from our in-store showroom may be returned within 3 days after purchase and must be in ‘As-New’ condition and must pass a thorough inspection.
Merchandise that is not returned in the factory carton with all packaging materials intact and/or has any foreign writing or labels on the packing cartons
Custom or Made-to-Order products
Products in quantities of 6 or more. When evaluating a product we suggest that you purchase a single sample before placing a bulk order
Products that were not purchased from The House of Lights
Products ≤ $25 may not be returned.
Unfortunately restocking fees (charged by the manufacturer) and shipping & handling costs are real costs we incur in today’s marketplace. Because of this all purchases are subject to a 25% Return Fee (or $20 whichever is greater) to cover these costs. However with The House of Lights game-changing No Return Fees Program, we’ll waive all return fees with a new purchase that’s equal to or greater than the products being returned. Simply put just make a new purchase (equal to or greater than the products being returned) and we’ll take care of the rest.
Our goal is to make you 100% satisfied with your purchases and to only pass along the fees we’re charged when processing your return. The House of Lights is not in the business of making money off of our customers on returns or by charging inflated restocking or shipping and handling fees. In fact just take advantage of our No Return Fees Program we’ll waive all return fees. Should that not work for you we’ll credit you back 75% of the original purchase price once your return has been approved for credit.
In the event that you need to return a product our Sales & Customer Service teams will gladly help you throughout this process. There are a few simple steps to follow to ensure a successful return so please carefully follow the steps below to avoid any unneeded hassles or delays.
To return a product you must first obtain a valid RMA (Return Merchandise Authorization) # in-person at our corporate headquarters or from our customer service department (Orders@thehouseoflights.com or 1-800-541-3048 Option #4).
All returns must be contain a copy of this RMA (we suggest you keep a copy for your records as well) as well as a copy of your original receipt.
Returns without these pieces WILL NOT be accepted and will jeopardize any and all refunds you are expecting.
You can either bring the products back to our corporate headquarters or ship them to us at 1034 South Harbor City Blvd – Melbourne, FL 32901 (please make sure your returned items are accompanied with a valid RMA #).
If you wish to ship your products back to us please contact Orders@thehouseoflights.com and we can issue you a call tag / return label for shipping.
If you choose to ship returns back to us without a call tag /return label you should use an insured parcel post with verifiable proof of delivery. Please Note ALL RETURNS MUST INCLUDE THE RMA # to be accepted.
All returns will be fully inspected and must pass our As-New criteria outlined above to be accepted for return.
Returns Damaged In Transit
If you choose to ship your product back to us it is your responsibility to insure the shipment as we will not be responsible for any shipping damages on any returned merchandise. In the event we receive a damaged shipment we will notify the shipper immediately and you via email of the damage and it is then your responsibility to file a claim with the shipping company. It is also the customer’s responsibility to notify our customer service department what to do with the damaged shipment within 30 days of notification. If we do not receive disposal instructions we will either donate or destroy the damaged shipment.
Return Processing / Refunds / Credits
Most returns take 2-3 business days to process. Upon receipt of your authorized return we will notify you via email once your return has been inspected and is ready for credit processing. If your purchase was made from THEHouseoflights.com, and you elect the No Fees Return Program, we will issue you an online store credit for the full amount of the items being returned. This credit can be used as payment for any future purchases from THEHouseoflights.com.
If you purchased items from our store and are returning them in-person, and elect our No Fees Return Program, we will issue you a store credit in the amount of the items being returned. This store credit can be used in-store only for any future purchases from our showroom.
If you DO NOT choose the No Fees Return Program we will credit you (in the same form of original payment - i.e. credit card, Cash, check, etc…) 75% of the returned items (with the remaining 25% covering all return fees). Again we encourage all customers to take advantage of our No Fees Return Program whenever possible. We don’t want you to pay any return fees, ever! We just want you to get the best products that you love for your project!
If you have any questions as to the status of your return or refund please contact our Customer Service department at (800) 541-3048 Option #4 or Orders@thehouseoflights.com.
DEFECTIVE / DAMAGED GOODS POLICY
On very rare occasions a defective or damaged product may be delivered to you. If this happens we sincerely apologize for this inconvenience and will do whatever we can to make it right. It is extremely important that you thoroughly inspect all cartons upon delivery and notify the shipping company and/or our Customer Service department immediately of any problems you identify. If the packaging appears to be damaged from the outside please accept the shipment, noting all damages on the bill of lading or conveying them to the shipper making sure he/she records your claims and gives you a receipt of your claim submission, and then notify our customer service department ASAP. We can typically submit damaged freight claims on your behalf if necessary and can quickly work to resolve this problem.
Under no circumstances should a damaged product be installed without prior written approval from thehouseoflights.com. For products that are defective or damaged we will gladly replace the product with a direct or acceptable replacement. In many cases the products we sell consist of various parts that require assembly and the parts themselves can be obtained quickly instead of waiting on an entire product. If your product or an associated part needs to be replaced please contact our Customer Service department and have your Order # and Item # available for reference. Most defective replacements are immediately processed by the manufacturer and will ship to the customer within 7-10 business days, however delays can and do happen. In cases where the manufacturer is out of stock on your item or there are no direct or acceptable replacements available we will gladly refund your money and/or help you pick something else. Our Customer Service personnel will direct you through the steps necessary in returning a defective product. Please do not discard any of the damaged materials unless instructed to do so in writing by our Customer Service department. Items that are returned as defective but found to be absent of any defect and are in good working order will be handled as a standard return and will be subject to all the conditions outlined in our 30-Day Return Policy section.
WARRANTIES / GUARANTEES
THEhouseoflights.com warrants all products to be free of manufacturing defects for a period of 1 year from the date of delivery. Light bulbs included with products will not be covered under this warranty. If you find that your product is defective in any way please contact our customer service department and have your Order # and Item # available for quick reference and we’ll be happy to work on your behalf with the manufacturer to resolve your issue. No other extended warranties or guarantees, either expressed or implied, are valid.
THEhouseoflights.com WILL NOT be responsible for any installation, re-installation (due to product defect), special handling or assembly costs related to products purchased from us. We strongly suggest that you not schedule any installation until your order has arrived and the merchandise has been thoroughly inspected.
NON- DEFECTIVE PRODUCTS
Product Finishes, Materials and Colors
Please note that many items we sell are handcrafted and have slight variations in color, texture, finish and/or consist of organic materials. These items have unique characteristics that enhance their value and beauty and because of this we cannot guarantee items with the same sku number will be identical matches or identically match the images you see online. Your computer monitor may distort the colors and finishes displayed and any of these situations may not constitute a damaged or defective item claim. If you wish to return an item because of this condition it will be processed according to our standard returns procedure.
Many of the outdoor products we sell are composed of solid brass or copper and will patina/oxidize over time and their finish may darken, fade or turn a slightly greenish/bronze-like color. This is a natural chemical aging process created by the elements and is NOT considered a defect of the product in any way. Products that have a painted finish will inevitably fade and flake over time and will need to be refinished after a few years. This is also not considered a product defect and must be considered when purchasing this type of item.
Please don’t hesitate to contact us if you need any assistance in determining the type and style of outdoor product for your project. Our staff of professionals have a combined 150 years of lighting industry experience and can help guide you through the entire selection process.
Most of the products available on our website have the factory’s current stock availability listed which can help you determine any potential delivery delays. In most cases in-stock products ship out within 3-5 business days but can take longer for final delivery. Please know that the shipping of your order is important to us and we will do whatever we can to ensure the fastest & most efficient way to get your products to you. If your order will be delayed in shipping due to outside circumstances beyond our control we will let you know as soon as possible and will work with you to make other arrangements if necessary. Please note that all shipping times quoted are estimates only and delivery times may exceed the times listed.
Products delivered to you will come via standard parcel delivery (UPS, FedEx, etc…) unless otherwise noted. Items that must come via freight truck due to their size typically take longer for delivery and require greater coordination with the customer for final delivery.
Truck Freigh - Large & Oversized Items
Large items, such as large foyer chandeliers,torchiere floor lamps and oversized furniture or accessory items may be required to ship via truck freight. Orders containing items that must ship via truck freight will incur a $65 surcharge for EACH ITEM that must ship via truck freight. Unfortunately this is a limitation of the standard Parcel carriers (UPS, FedEx, DHL, etc...) and is outside of our control. If you have a question about which method the item you're interested in will ship you can find this information under the Vendor Ship Method section on the Additional Information tab of the each product page. You can also click on the Product Inquiry button on the product page in question to ask our team directly about the method of shipment before placing your order.
Methods of Payment
THEhouseoflights.com accepts MasterCard, Visa, American Express, Discover and PayPal as valid forms of payment. Please note that your credit card/account will be charged at the time of checkout and all refunds will be processed back to the same method of payment made on the original order.
Order Processing – what to expect
Thehouseoflights.com sincerely appreciates your business and it is our goal to make your buying experience pleasant and painless while keeping you informed about your order along the way. Shortly after your checkout you will receive an order confirmation via email stating that we’ve received your order and are in the process of procuring your merchandise. We will also send you a final copy of your receipt with all our Terms and Conditions of Sale attached. Once your order has been shipped from the factory, or from our warehouse, and we receive a valid tracking number we will email you that information. Please note that your credit card/account will be charged upon checkout and not when the product is shipped.
If you wish to cancel an order for merchandise that hasn’t yet shipped from the manufacturer or our warehouse please contact our customer service department at firstname.lastname@example.org or (800) 541-3048 Option #4. Products that have already shipped from the manufacturer or our warehouse may not be cancelled. Custom orders and/or orders in bulk (6 or more units) may not be cancelled once they’re placed.
If you’re order was successfully cancelled we will notify you via email of your accepted cancellation request.
Please note that any refusal of an order delivery may result in a 50% restocking fee plus all applicable shipping charges.
PRICING & INFORMATION ACCURACY
Please know that we represent hundreds of different manufacturers on our website with over 100,000 different items to choose from. On very rare occasions inaccurate pricing or description data may arise. If we discover an order that you placed has incorrect pricing or description data we will notify you immediately of the error and what the corrected new price and/or description will be. If you choose to cancel your order we will gladly do that for you and refund all your money. If you choose to proceed with the corrected price and or description we will send you an updated copy of your order reflecting the changed information and continue processing your order.
If you have any questions or concerns regarding any of the policies outlined herein please contact our Customer Service department at email@example.com.
THEhouseoflights.com understands how important your private information is and we do everything possible to protect that information. We do not sell or disclose your private information to any outside companies. This policy is designed to assist you in understanding how we collect and use the personal information you provide to us and to assist you in making informed decisions when using our site and our products and services.
What Information Do We Collect?
When you visit our Web site you may provide us with two types of information: personal information you knowingly choose to disclose that is collected on an individual basis and Web site use information collected on an aggregate basis as you and others browse our Web site.
If you choose to correspond with us through email, we may retain the content of your email messages together with your email address and our responses.
How Do We Use the Information That You Provide to Us?
Broadly speaking, we use personal information for purposes of administering and expanding our business activities, providing customer service and making available other products and services to our customers and prospective customers. Occasionally, we may also use the information we collect to notify you about important changes to our Web site, new services and special offers we think you will find valuable. You may notify us at any time if you do not wish to receive these offers by emailing us.
What Are Cookies?
A cookie is a very small text document, which often includes an anonymous unique identifier. When you visit a Web site, that site’s computer asks your computer for permission to store this file in a part of your hard drive specifically designated for cookies. Each Web site can send its own cookie to your browser if your browser’s preferences allow it, but (to protect your privacy) your browser only permits a Web site to access the cookies it has already sent to you, not the cookies sent to you by other sites.
How Do We Use Information We Collect from Cookies?
Notice of New Services and Changes
Occasionally, we may also use the information we collect to notify you about important changes to our site, new services and special offers we think you will find valuable. As our customer, you will be given the opportunity to notify us of your desire not to receive these offers by unsubscribing from our mailing list.
THE HOUSE OF LIGHTS INSTALLATIONS
A ‘Standard Installation’ as defined by House of Lights will consist of the delivery, assembly and permanent installation of any fixture or product (sold/provided by House of Lights) that weighs 35lbs or less and/or that has a diameter of 36” or less (excluding Medallions). Standard Installations must be performed on a 14’ ceiling height or less and all electrical components must be present, in good working condition and the electrical boxes must be reinforced as required. Standard sized fans (32”-80”) that can be installed with 1 installer and that do not require substantial assembly (i.e. crystal chandeliers) or significant reinforcing of the customer’s electrical box. Any installations where these parameters are not met will either be categorized as a 2-Person or Custom Installation and will be priced accordingly.
A ‘2-Person Installation’ as defined by House of Lights is one in which 2 men are required to deliver, assemble and/or install any fixture or product. 2-Person Installations must still be performed on a 20’ or less ceiling height and will still require that the appropriate electrical components be in place and in good working condition. Also, all electrical boxes must be appropriately reinforced when applicable.
A ‘Custom Installation’ as defined by House of Lights will be any installation where the customer’s electrical components must be modified or changed and/or where new electrical components must be installed. Installations are also categorized as ‘Custom’ when multiple or intricate pieces are being installed and/or where significant work must be done on existing electrical components. Also, all CRYSTAL chandeliers will fall into this category as these products must be installed and dressed as well. This process typically takes a substantial amount of time (2-6 hours depending on the detail of the fixture) and our trained installers will perform this function faster, cleaner and much better than anyone else period.
Please note that only House of Lights’ personnel will be responsible for determining the level of installation that each job requires. In many cases what looks like a simple or standard installation ends up being more complex and requires greater resources to complete the job correctly. Regardless of the installation category please know that our team of highly trained and experienced professionals will do whatever it takes to get the job done right and ensure your complete satisfaction.
INSTALLATION SERVICES – TERMS & CONDITIONS
Our Professional Installation service includes:
- Professional Delivery, Assembly, Configuration & Installation of all electrical fixtures, fans and components by our experienced Installation Specialists
- Removal and curbside disposal of any existing fixtures (if necessary)
- Cleanup and disposal of all boxes and packing materials as well as a final cleanup of all installation sites. We will treat your home as if it were our very own & leave it in the same beautiful condition we found it.
- A 1 year in-home warranty on all installations. We guarantee that all our install work will be done right the first time. If for some reason this is not the case we’ll come out and fix it for free. We want you to be completely satisfied with the products and services you purchase from The House of Lights and we’ll do our very best to make that happen.
- Additional resources are required when installing products on a ceiling height between 14’
- 1”-20’. All necessary electrical components must be in place, working and capable of holding/powering the fixture being installed.
- Reinforced electrical boxes are required when installing any piece weighing more than 50lbs or when installing a ceiling fan of any kind onto a non-reinforced electrical box.
- All quoted install prices are based upon existing wiring and reinforced / appropriate electrical boxes being in place and active before installation. If these conditions aren’t met additional fees may apply.
- Our local installation and service area is from SR520 south to Sebastian Inlet. Any installations or service calls scheduled outside of this area will be subject to a trip charge fee. Please see your sales professional for further details.
- Customers must provide clear working areas in all locations where installations are to be performed. All furniture and / or any other breakables / valuables must be cleared from the installation area(s) before our installers arrive. HOL will not be responsible for moving any of these items and reserves the right to not install products where these items are still in the way.
- We require 24-hour notice prior to your install appointment to reschedule or cancel your appointment. All missed appointments will be charged a trip charge fee.
- The installation of fan light kits and /or electrical controls will be billed out at our Standard install price when NOT being done at the same time as another fixture or fan install.
- Custom installations typically require an in-home assessment before installation will take place and approximate charges will be quoted in advance of any work.
- Custom installations can and do experience higher charges than what might be quoted
- and we will make every attempt to communicate these charges to you before our work begins. However, there are times when this is not possible and we must complete the job and bill you accordingly. On all custom installations you must agree to these terms and possible cost overruns before work will commence.
- Some fixtures & fans require more chain & wire or longer downrods than what come
- standard. We will make every attempt to identify these situations before the installation appointment, however our installer may need to rewire a fixture onsite or provide other parts as necessary to complete the scheduled installation and bill you accordingly.
- House of Lights does not install items purchased from other companies as we have no recourse to correct damaged/defective items.
- House of Lights and its employees will not be held liable when handling existing
- merchandise not listed on our sales invoice. Our primary objective is to install new merchandise (provided by HOL) into your home, however on occasion we can and do move existing pieces for a fee when required. In these instances we will not be held liable for any issues that arise with the handling, movement &/or installation of this type of merchandise and as such cannot warrant the operation of the product. Please proceed with this option at your own risk.
- The information listed here is subject to change at any time, at the sole discretion of House of Lights, and may be done so without notice.
- All payments for Installation services must be made in full, in advance of any work being performed
- We require 24-hour notice prior to your install appointment to reschedule or cancel your appointment. All missed appointments will be charged
- All existing conditions must meet applicable electrical codes with electrical wiring present and working properly (unless otherwise noted)
- Our installers must have a clear workspace to operate
- Installation charges are NOT refundable
- Only work outlined on our installation work orders will be performed
- All installations must be done in accordance with all applicable electrical codes.
- Once a product has been installed (i.e. Wires cut, protective coatings removed, or altered in some other way) it is NOT RETURNABLE. Please make sure to verify the size, style, look, color, etc… of any piece before its wires are cut and/or the product is installed.
- Installation charges are to be determined by authorized HOL personnel only and are determined solely at our discretion. All charges will be communicated to you in advance and will require your signature and acceptance of these terms, as well as the work to be completed, before the installation will take place.
- All installations carry a 1 Year Warranty from the date of install. This does not include bulbs, damages from power surges, misuse of any kind, and / or movement, reinstallation or reconfiguration by anybody other than an authorized HOL representative. If any of these are found to be the cause we will bill you for our time.
- All installation warranties last 1 full year from the date of purchase and are not reset if a replacement fixture is installed. No verbal, expressed or implied warranties are valid as all warranties shall be in writing.
- Most Install prices are based upon a 14‘ or less ceiling height with a fixture/fan weighing 35lbs or less and no more than 36” in diameter. All Installations where products exceed these parameters will be charged at a higher installation rate and may need to be evaluated before the installation can take place. Please see your sales professional for more details.